Thursday, May 7, 2009

My new addiction....

Like my type "A" OCD personality needs another thing to get addicted to I've come to LOVE reading other people's food blogs and finding new and interesting recipes to prepare..it's become somewhat of an obsession of mine. There are so many fabulous chef's out there and so many great recipes to pick from. I only wish there was more time in the day and more people in my house to cook for since it's only my DH and I and our cat at home and the cat is perfectly content with his kitty crunchies from the store. Anyways, last week while perusing food blogs when I should have been working (but we won't tell anyone) this particular recipe caught my eye since my DH loves loaded baked potatoes. They were certainly a hit with the hubby and I will definitely be making them again, I think they would be a great addition to a casual outdoor BBQ party as an appetizer or something for the guys to nibble on while they're watching the big Sunday afternoon game.


Southwestern Potatoes
from
Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats

1 package bacon bits, or 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 unpeeled large potatoes, scrubbed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 sour cream, optional (for dipping)

Line 2 large baking sheets with foil and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Toss the potatoes, olive oil, garlic salt and pepper in a big ziploc bag to coat the potatoes.

Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes.

Brush with barbecue sauce, then top with the shredded cheese and bacon bits. Bake until the cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes. Top with sour cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings

No comments: