I'm always buying bananas with the good intentions of having one for breakfast every morning (I'm terrible when it comes to skipping breakfast) and they always seem to end up sitting on my counter all week untouched and being turned into banana bread by the weekend. This is one of the banana bread recipes I use often, I love it because it's super easy to prepare and only requires 1 mixing bowl so clean up is a breeze.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups bananas, mashed
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl.
3. Pour batter into 2 prepared bread pans or 1 prepared bundt pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until firm and golden brown.
5. Cool on wire rack for at least 15 minutes before turning bread out onto tray.
2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup icing sugar
3 tablespoons hot tap water
1. Put all ingreadients into a medium sized bowl and stir until it's of pourable consistancy.