Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hot Cross Buns

It is my resolution this year to actually make use of the cooking magazines I receive in the mail every month and try and make at least 2 recipes in each magazine per month. I get Martha Stewart Living and Taste of Home both of which I love. So in honor of the upcoming Easter season and because the recipe was in my latest issue of Martha Stewart Living I decided to try my hand at Hot Cross Buns.


The buns were very easy to come together and the end result was fantastic! I would definitely make these again and I was pleased that the dough didn’t have that weird grayish hue to them like the ones I’ve seen in the grocery store. The recipe called for dried cherries but I subbed dried cranberries because that’s what I had on hand it also says it should yield 30 buns but I only got 20. I guess my buns were bigger than they should of been….but isn’t that always the case!

No comments: